We are delighted to announce that Myatt’s Fields Park Project will be giving away free vegetable seedlings to community growing projects in spring and summer 2018. Thanks to funding from London Community Foundation, Lambeth Early Action Partnership and support from Urban Growth and Incredible Edible Lambeth, Myatts Fields Park are able to grow seedlings in their greenhouse and offer them to food growers across Lambeth.
Who can apply?
This support is available to all not for profit or community food growing projects. These can include local residents groups, tenant associations, schools, nurseries, colleges, community gardens, community centres – the list is very long! You must be located in Lambeth.
What does the support include?
- A planning day in March or April at the Myatt’s Fields Greenhouse when you will be supported to draw up a planting plan for your site and place orders (to include a community lunch with other gardeners)
- Two sets of seedlings to be collected from Myatt’s over spring and summer and fillers if needed in between
- Instructions and top tips about how best to plant and care for the seedlings
- The opportunity to take part in a planting day in spring at Myatt’s – meeting other gardeners and a community lunch
- Membership of Incredible Edible Lambeth network of growers
For five projects working with children four years and under in Vassall and Coldharbour wards we can also offer three free training sessions on your site with our Community Gardener. The sites will be selected on a first come first served basis
This year we are also offering groups the opportunity to join our Community Gardeners at a planning day in Myatt’s Fields Park (SE5 9RA). The sessions will help you plan your space, complete your seedling order form, meet other growers and make sure you get the best from your seedlings this year. We will provide free lunch between 12.30 – 1.30 for attendees from both sessions.
Planning sessions will be held on the following days and times:
Saturday 3 March: 10am – 12.30pm
Saturday 3 March: 1.30pm – 4pm
Thursday 8 March: 10am – 12.30pm
Thursday 8 March: 1.30pm – 4pm
Saturday 17 March: 10am – 1pm (Groups working with under four’s only)
Thursday 5 April: 10am – 12.30pm
Thursday 5 April: 1.30pm – 4pm
Please go to: https://www.myattsfieldspark.info/free-seedlings.html for full information about how to apply and to book onto a planning day