Incredible Edible Lambeth is looking for new members for the body that oversees and steers its work. We welcome nominations from anyone who has a passion for nurturing local food initiatives, and who lives and/or works in Lambeth.
About the Board
As an elected director you will be responsible for voting on how we spend our budgets, where we focus our work and help decide what can bring the most impact in improving (and transforming) the food system within the borough.
- Attending monthly board meetings, these typically last two hours on a weekday evening
- Maintaining the Vision, Values and Aims of the organisation
- Ensuring that IEL is run in accordance with its current five year Business Plan, is financially sound and has employment procedures according to its terms of employment and the financial guidelines laid out in the Financial Policy.
- Supporting the Manager of IEL and other staff in working to achieve the mission of the organisation
- Creating connections with individuals, community groups and statutory bodies in Lambeth to help achieve the Vision
While directors have broad skill sets, and often have a mix of skills to bring to IEL, at the moment we’re particularly keen to recruit directors who could contribute the following skills:
- Fundraising – finding sources of funding, writing bids and applications and building relationships with potential funders.
- Finance – Management of relationship with the IEL accountant and overseeing the financial running of IEL.
- Volunteer Co-ordinator – we increasingly get offers of help; we now need someone who can help manage our volunteers, linking them appropriately with gardens that are seeking help.
The kind of people we’re looking for:
- Genuine enthusiasm for the people, communities and spaces of Lambeth
- Desire to create a greener Lambeth – supporting food growing, activism and entrepreneurship
- Diversity – we’re better together. No matter your age, gender, ethnicity, religion or where you’re from, everyone has something to bring to the table
- Easy to work with and great communication with others
If you’re interested in joining us, please complete this Application Form