Incredible Edible Lambeth is looking for new members for the body that oversees and steers its work. We are welcoming nominations from anyone who has a passion for nurturing local food initiatives, and who lives and/or works in Lambeth.
About the Board
As an elected director you will be responsible for voting on how we spend our budgets, where we focus our work and help decide what can bring the most impact in improving (and transforming) the food system within the borough.
- Attending monthly board meetings, these typically last two hours on a weekday evening
- Maintaining the Vision, Values and Aims of the organisation
- Ensuring that IEL is run in accordance with its current five year Business Plan, is financially sound and has employment procedures according to its terms of employment and the financial guidelines laid out in the Financial Policy.
- Supporting the Manager of IEL and other staff in working to achieve the mission of the organisation
- Creating connections with individuals, community groups and statutory bodies in Lambeth to help achieve the Vision
While directors have broad skill sets, and often have a mix of skills to bring to IEL, at the moment we’re particularly keen to recruit directors who could contribute the following skills:
- Fundraising – finding sources of funding, writing bids and applications and building relationships with potential funders
- Finance – Management of relationship with the IEL accountant and overseeing the financial running of IEL
- Training – experience in supporting mentorship, training or other support programmes in a community setting
- HR – support of hiring, employment practices and HR, internal communications and stakeholder management best practice
- Events – development of events in partnership with and for our community of members, food growers and activists in Lambeth
- Activism/Campaigns – producing long term and successful campaigns for societal change
- Social media expert – overseeing our website, maintaining a presence on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
The kind of people we’re looking for:
- Genuine enthusiasm for the people, communities and spaces of Lambeth
- Desire to create a greener Lambeth – supporting food growing, activism and entrepreneurship
- Diversity – we’re better together. No matter your age, gender, ethnicity, religion or where you’re from, everyone has something to bring to the table
- Easy to work with and great communication with others
If you’re interested in joining us, please complete this Application Form by 3rd June 2019. The 300 words you provide will be circulated to all members at an EGM to be held on 3rd June at 6.30pm, International House, 6 Canterbury Crescent, Brixton, SW9 7QD.
So far we have one applicant and here is her resume:
Tori Sherwin: I am a founder member of IEL and committed to its core aim of improving the food that people eat in Lambeth. I live in an area that can be described as a food desert where there are hardly any shops or places to share, produce or sell decent, affordable food and I want to work with other people to change that. I love the diversity of people and food in Lambeth and wish that this wealth was evident everywhere and creating prosperity for everyone. I can offer my fundraising, strategic, project management and organisational skills to IEL.